PRE-RENTAL BOATERS INSTRUCTION COURSE
Have a fun and safe boating experience on beautiful Barnegat Bay, NJ!
With our Pre-Rental boater instruction course even people who do not have a state certified boaters license can get in on the fun of boating.
We will give you access to our pre-rental instruction material prior to your rental date. You can review the material at home in your own time. On your rental day you will attend a short instruction course here at the marina prior to your rental departure to go over the material. Then you’re ready to go explore the stunning scenery and abundant wildlife of Barnegat Bay N.J. with confidence and peace of mind!
1. U.S. Coast Guard Navigation Rules
2. Safe Speed and Distance
3. Equipment Requirements for the Boat Being Rented
4. Operating Instructions for the Boat Being Rented
5. Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
7. Weather and Sea Conditions
8. Local Hazards and Security Zones
9. The Prevention and Common Causes of Accidents Such As:
a) Capsizing, Falls Overboard, Collisions and Groundings
b) Cold Water Immersion and Hypothermia
c) Capacity of vessel, Safe Loading of Vessel and Dangers of Overloading
d)Propeller Safety, Dangers associated with Vessel Propellers
e) Dangers Associated with Speed and Wake of Power Boats
10. Buoys and Navigation
11. Vessel Lights and Night Operation
12. Anchoring and Mooring
13. Operator’s Responsibilities, including but not limited to, The operation of Power Vessels in Close Proximity to Sailing Vessels and Commercial Vessels.
14. Carbon Monoxide Awareness
15. New Jersey Laws and Rules, Including but Not Limited to Speed
16. Procedures and Practices Pertaining to:
a) Waterskiing or Tubing
b) Diving and Snorkeling
WHAT WE OFFER
Please print, fill out and sign all documents below!
New Jersey Boaters Safety Rules: